Tuesday, December 13, 2011

To the point - Review: Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base

Oh the many gasps at my wandering away from the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Insert understanding nod here.

Okay, now that we have that out of the way.... hehe. I must tell you - the first day I used the Nars primer, I received 3 compliments at work that night on my eye makeup. No really, it's not every day I do a poor job of blending (ha, ya right). Blending has always been my biggest makeup hurdle. I always thought that the more practice I got, the better blended my shadow would become. However, from this discovery of a new eyeshadow base, I have found myself sickened by the UDPP.

"Why?" you may ask. Well, as an unskilled makeup lover who blends horrendously, I've discovered that using the Nars primer makes it a lot easier for me to blend my eyeshadow. And, you see, this was actually the reason why I never repurchased a full size UDPP. My intention was to use up all the mini's I acquired through Urban Decay palettes or samples and then try a new primer.

And I have found holy grail material here. Truly, Christine (Temptalia) has the right idea for using this primer. She was actually my inspiration to get this as I trust her judgement for primers (considering how many eye looks she does and pulls off gorgeously).

My favorite thing about this primer is that once on, my eyelid feels like silk. It glides on effortlessly - unlike UDPP that started drying up halfway through the bottle. I even started using the Michael Todd eyeshadow base with the UDPP to help it spread more easily on my eyelid.

To some it may not be a review without a picture of my makeup as evidence - but I have yet to find the best way to take a picture of my own eye with my camera. *sad shrug* All in all, I'm very satisfied with the Nars eyeshadow base. And I have a feeling I'll enjoy the packaging a lot more than the UDPP, but that's a given ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment